How To Get The Custom Designed Steel Building You Really Want
There are a lot of factors to consider when purchasing a custom made prefab steel building. We just want to make it easier for you, so here’s our list:
1. Decide exactly what you need is for your metal building so that you are clear about your needs. A lot of customers will waste their precious time calling the wrong type of building manufacturer/distributor. For instance you may be looking to add a very inexpensive one car garage to cover your car or a carport to cover a boat. This would exclude red iron steel building manufacturer/distributors because it’s overkill. But, if you’re looking for a structure to keep farm equipment, an airplane, a retail store or something larger, then Premier can help.
2. Take some time to sit down and write down some of the details about your project. Size, timeline for completion, number of doors and windows, insulation or no insulation keeping in mind your budget and allocation of the space. Our metal building consultants will help you with this as well.
3. Make a list of the questions that you want answered such as price, delivery time, payment options, accessory options, offloading requirements, color choices.
4. Do a little research on the companies who offer the type of steel building you are looking for, you should check with the BBB, a few magazines, a couple friends and a few specific internet searches can really give you a lot of information without spending a ton of time.
5. Make some phone calls to your preferred list of companies to have your preliminary questions answered and be prepared that these calls may lead to more ground work that needs to be accomplished like possibly hiring a concrete company or an erector or arranging financing.
6. After your homework is done and you’ve found a company a rep at that company you feel you can trust, take your time to thoroughly review your contracts. Make sure that your building design is exactly as you specified and that all the details are right for you. Keep in mind, when you find a company that has your best interest at heart, they will offer to go over each detail of your contract with you and even compare competitor’s bids with yours, line for line so that you can get a true idea of what you are comparing. For instance one bid may seem really low, and look really good until you go over it with an experienced ethical building adviser who may likely point out details you missed. People often miss details like how the lower bid does not include freight, doesn’t include insulation or has missing doors. When these items are corrected you might have actually ended up spending a lot more with the company you were leaning toward. When it comes to buying a steel building, education is the key to being a savvy purchaser and if a company has your best interest in mind they will educate you even if it means losing the sale. To learn more about what you need to be aware of with your initial quotes when building with steel, click here. Whether you intend to put your steel building on property in Atlanta Georgia, Columbus Georgia or even Baton Rouge Louisiana or anywhere else in the country, Premier is here to help. Find out how metal building prices can make your next construction project more affordable.